lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Solr 1.4 Open Issues Status
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 02:16:42 GMT

On Sep 15, 2009, at 6:20 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : SOLR-1407	SpellingQueryConverter now disallows underscores and
> digits in
> : field names (but allows all UTF-8 letters)	Shalin Shekhar Mangar
> :
> : > Needs a patch and a unit test.  Push to 1.5?
>
> FWIW: it's a bug against trunk that worked in 1.3, so pushing to 1.5
> doesn't seem like a valid option

Shalin, can you take this one up?

> : SOLR-1294	SolrJS/Javascript client fails in IE8!	Unassigned
> :
> : > I have concerns about this client library being included at all
> in Solr, as
> : > I don't see anyone taking it up for maintenance.  I raised
> concerns on the
> : > main issue with no response and likewise with this one.  Patch
> exists.  Who
> : > handled the original contribution?
>
> Ryan did according to svn.
>
> I'm elary of features in core that don'th ave a committer who is
> actively
> involved with them, but i'm less concerend for client libraries --
> as long
> as the community is submitting patches that can be tested, it's being
> maintained.
>
> I'd commit this patch, but i can't actualy test that it works (no
> access
> to IE)

I don't either.  I know Ryan is pretty busy.  Who is the original
contributor?

JSDoc is a problem in there, too.  AFAICT, it states it is a
derivative work of http://jsdoc.sourceforge.net/, which is GPL.  I
just don't think it is ready for release unless it gets some real
attn, real quick.   I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1434
.

How about if someone doesn't raise there hand by this weekend, we pull
it from 1.4?  Then we have time to resolve it for 1.5.