lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Multiple facet.prefix?
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 06:16:11 GMT
On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Avlesh Singh<avlesh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Different ways to look at it Yonik. For things that I have needed this for,
> so far (field:A* OR field:B*) was just as fine.

So if you asked for the top 10, you would be fine with receiving all
A* or all B* of those happened to be the top?  Or do you really want
the top 10 A* and the top 10 B*?

> Anyways, for me to file the ticket, what usage are we looking for? As
> underneath?
> facet.field=myField&f.foo.facet.prefix=foo&f.foo.facet.prefix=bar
>
> How would sort, limit and other parameters be passed? As underneath?
> f.foo.facet.prefix.foo.sort=false&f.foo.facet.prefix.foo.limit=100

No, that's just the thing - multiple prefixes specified this way would
be the same logical facet.. hence no way to specify different limits,
sorts, or whatever... those are per facet.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com