lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Multiple facet.prefix?
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 02:09:26 GMT
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Avlesh Singh<avlesh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should multiple values for facet.prefix be supported?
> I have come across several use-cases on the user mailing list where such a
> functionality could have helped (The latest one being -
> http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/document/2a9c44d4f015b5e5/facet_filtering).
> I ran into one such use last night.
>
> Is there a general agreement on the enhancement?

Yes, I think it's a good idea.
It's just that the current syntax doesn't quite support it yet.

I think that once again, local params are the answer... the same as
they were with faceting on a single field but excluding different
filters.

facet.field={!prefix=foo key=label1}myfield
facet.field={!prefix=bar key=label2}myfield

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com