lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: indexing slowdown with latest lucene udpate
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 16:57:12 GMT
OK, I've isolated (magnified) the effect with a test I just checked in.
Indexing documents directly at the UpdateHandler was 85% faster before
the latest lucene update.

Run the test like this:

ant test -Dtestcase=TestIndexingPerformance -Dargs="-server
-Diter=100000"; grep throughput
build/test-results/*TestIndexingPerformance.xml

To run on an older trunk version, just copy over
src/test/org/apache/solr/update/TestIndexingPerformance.java
src/test/test-files/solr/conf/solrconfig_perf.xml

I had a throughput of 10946 docs/sec before the lucene update, and 5849 after.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com