lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 14:29:05 GMT
I did some quick indexing performance tests right before and right
after the last lucene jar update - the results are not good... about
30% slower.
The test was an 80 MB text field, 100K documents, 6 short text fields
per document, with the solrconfig/schema from trunk copied to both
environments.

I imagine this has to do with the new TokenStream stuff in Lucene, and
how back compatibility is implemented (which I haven't followed, but
which many now involve reflection).  We've never cached tokenstreams
with everything that involves, but it may be that we will be forced to
do so to recover the performance loss.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com