lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr document server/component
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:15:28 GMT
The ids would be stored in Solr, when a query is executed the
ids would be looked up from the DocumentService interface which
underneath would obtain the document data (aka stored fields).
Solr would then return the results combining the two, and
present the stored fields as it does today.

For updating something similar would occur, where the stored
fields are shuffled off to the DocumentService update method.

> how are we going to deal with this mismatch?

This is why we'd want to use optimistic concurrency, meaning
versions of ids encoded in the documents (which would also be
stored in the index ala GData).