lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Rask <anr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing documents from a result
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:54:48 GMT
> Essentially you want to filter the results by the NumericRangeQuery that
you
> have created. You can just specify that query as a filter to
searcher.search
> method, no?

This is pretty much what I'm doing at the moment. I add my NumericRangeQuery
the query given by the ResponseBuilder and then I set this as the new query
in the
prepare function of my SearchComponent.

The problem is that this returns all the results within a square and there
is no way,
which I can think of, to create a NumericRangeQuery that returns all the
results within
a circle.

So what I want to do is to go through the results located within the square,
document
by document, and remove all documents which are not within the circle.
I'm thinking that this can be done in the process function of my
SearchComponent
by iterating through the doc set and somehow removing the documents I don't
want.

Hope this clarifies what I want to do.

Best regards,
Anders Rask