lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Rask <anr...@gmail.com>
Subject Removing documents from a result
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 09:22:15 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the removal of documents from the doc list and
set.

I have created a SearchComponent for geo search which uses the new
NumericRangeQuery
in Lucene. In the prepare function it creates a query which only returns
results located in
a given long/lat box.
What I would like to do now is to go through these results in the process
function and remove
all those that are not located within the circle given by the box.

I have read through the documentation on search components and doc lists and
sets but
haven't been able to find a way to do this, only a warning that you
shouldn't alter a doc list or
set since others may be using the same one.

So my question is this:
What is the correct way to modify the doc list and set and return the
modified result from a
SearchComponent?

Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Anders Rask