lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject CharFilter, analysis.jsp
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 02:17:51 GMT
I'm interested in using a CharFilter, something like this:

     <fieldType name="html_text" class="solr.TextField">
       <analyzer>
         <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory"/>
       </analyzer>
     </fieldType>

In hopes of being able to put in a value like "<html><body>whatever</
body></html>" and have "whatever" come back out.  In analysis.jsp, I
see that happening in the verbose output but it doesn't make it to the
tokenizer input - the original string makes it there.

I must be misunderstanding something about CharFilter's and how to use
them in Solr.  HTMLStripWhitespaceTokenizerFactory is deprecated in
favor of the above design, I think, but does what I'm after.

Solr only seems to use CharFilter's in analysis.jsp.  Is that
correct?  Shouldn't they be factored into the analyzer for each
field?  (like in FieldAnalysisRequestHandler)

Thanks,
	Erik