lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: subdirectories under lib
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:56:59 GMT
: Yeah, that would optionally allow us to avoid copying all the
: extraction-related jars.
: The downside is that "example" would no longer be self-contained - but
: it might be worth the exception in this case... the example server
: would still work (just not the extracting request handler) if copied
: somewhere else.

i was going to say something like "cleaning up the example should be
a motivator for several smaller examples, not for adding new config
options" but then it occured to me thta we'd pretty much have to have a
config option like this in order to add multiple example directories,
otherwise we'd wind up needing to copy some jars multiple times.

so yeah ... seems like a good idea.

-Hoss