lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: Param Naming and Abbreviations
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:06:45 GMT
I think it's just if you want a richer syntax for naming things or
not.  I agree, it does add complexity because now everything has two
names!  But I liken it somewhat to the parameters for a command line
app.  I can do "svn update" or "svn up".  And when I am first learning
a new command line app, I tend to use the longer name because it is
more english like.  But as I run the same command over and over, I
learn the shortcut name.

Eric