lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <noble.p...@corp.aol.com>
Subject Re: Add replication push support?
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 05:18:24 GMT
There is an issue already created for realtime replication

In general push based replication is more error prone because the
master has to be aware of the state of each slave . it is difficault
because a slave may go down at any time and may come up later or new
slaves get added randomly. In a pull based replication the master is
agnostic of the slaves and a slave can easily know his current state
and take appropriate action.

We can take a middle path. The slaves can register with the master for
notifications for availability of new snapshots. This can be as good
as a push based replication without the complexities associated with
it.
I have raised as issue already https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1305