lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "solrize (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (SOLR-1283) Mark Invalid error on indexing
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:22:14 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1283?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12732206#action_12732206
] 

solrize commented on SOLR-1283:
-------------------------------

Right now I'm getting a ton of these errors.  It doesn't seem strictly dependent on the doc
size.  If I can crank up the buffer size enough that the error happens only occasionally instead
of frequently, that would be a big improvement over the present situation.  Thanks!

> Mark Invalid error on indexing
> ------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-1283
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1283
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 1.3
>         Environment: Ubuntu 8.04, Sun Java 6
>            Reporter: solrize
>
> When indexing large (1 megabyte) documents I get a lot of exceptions with stack traces
like the below.  It happens both in the Solr 1.3 release and in the July 9 1.4 nightly.  I
believe this to NOT be the same issue as SOLR-42.  I found some further discussion on solr-user:
http://www.nabble.com/IOException:-Mark-invalid-while-analyzing-HTML-td17052153.html 
> In that discussion, Grant asked the original poster to open a Jira issue, but I didn't
see one so I'm opening one; please feel free to merge or close if it's redundant. 
> My stack trace follows.
> Jul 15, 2009 8:36:42 AM org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore execute
> INFO: [] webapp=/solr path=/update params={} status=500 QTime=3 
> Jul 15, 2009 8:36:42 AM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
> SEVERE: java.io.IOException: Mark invalid
>         at java.io.BufferedReader.reset(BufferedReader.java:485)
>         at org.apache.solr.analysis.HTMLStripReader.restoreState(HTMLStripReader.java:171)
>         at org.apache.solr.analysis.HTMLStripReader.read(HTMLStripReader.java:728)
>         at org.apache.solr.analysis.HTMLStripReader.read(HTMLStripReader.java:742)
>         at java.io.Reader.read(Reader.java:123)
>         at org.apache.lucene.analysis.CharTokenizer.next(CharTokenizer.java:108)
>         at org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopFilter.next(StopFilter.java:178)
>         at org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardFilter.next(StandardFilter.java:84)
>         at org.apache.lucene.analysis.LowerCaseFilter.next(LowerCaseFilter.java:53)
>         at org.apache.solr.analysis.WordDelimiterFilter.next(WordDelimiterFilter.java:347)
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.DocInverterPerField.processFields(DocInverterPerField.java:159)
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldConsumersPerField.processFields(DocFieldConsumersPerField.java:36)
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.DocFieldProcessorPerThread.processDocument(DocFieldProcessorPerThread.java:234)
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:765)
>         at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:748)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.updateDocument(IndexWriter.java:2512)
> 	at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.updateDocument(IndexWriter.java:2484)
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.addDoc(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:240)
> 	at org.apache.solr.update.processor.RunUpdateProcessor.processAdd(RunUpdateProcessorFactory.java:61)
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.XMLLoader.processUpdate(XMLLoader.java:140)
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.XMLLoader.load(XMLLoader.java:69)
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:54)
> 	at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
> 	at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1292)
> 	at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
> 	at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:241)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:712)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:211)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:502)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:835)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:641)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:208)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:378)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:226)
> 	at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:442)
> Thanks.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message