lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Param Naming and Abbreviations
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:36:59 GMT
OK, color me confused about how naming should be done for params.
There clearly seems to be two camps in Solr-land:  1. those who
abbreviate params and 2. those who don't.  Pick your sides, please!  ;-)

On SOLR-284 and SOLR-769, I had "long" names and Yonik changed them to
be shorter ("uprefix", anyone?  Bueller?  Yeah, it means unknown
prefix).  On SOLR-1237, the general feedback is that evt should be
event and that newSrchr should be newSearcher or new_searcher or
something like that.  The SpellCheckComp. tends to be verbose, while
faceting tends to be succinct.

Thus, I'd like to suggest we layout some conventions for naming, as I
personally am confused.   Once we do this, we can wiki it up and then
have something to refer others too.

-Grnt  Ingrsll (aka Grant Ingersoll)