lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Solr Cell
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:49:02 GMT
Finally getting around to reviewing Solr Cell

ext.ignore.und.fl looks like it defaults to "true" instead of "false"
as specified on the Wiki, so metadata is ignored if not defined in the
schema.

Perhaps we should define common metadata fields in the example schema
for a better OOTB experience?

There should probably be a better way to catch stray attributes...
perhaps a way to specify a dynamic field, so if attribute "foo" is
encountered, and it's not defined in the schema, it will be mapped to
attr_foo.

naming:
 -  "fl" originally stood for "field list" in Solr, yet I see it being
used for single fields?
 -  do we really need to proceed all param names with "ext."?  seems
like it would be nice to actually use the same params when applicable
- for example, both csv and cell could use "literal.myfield=myval".

Thoughts?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com