lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Branching for releases - process
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:39:16 GMT

: Question about branching for releases.  What is the process that's followed
: for creating the next version branch?  For example, whenever the decision is
: made to mark a release, is it a snap from /trunk or are changesets applied
: to the previous branch?  Or some other step I'm not considering?

We try to be *very* explicit about all of hte steps on the wiki...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToRelease

...the steps get tweaked/refined/changed as needed based on how well they
work on a release, but as i recall they were relatively consistent between
1.2 and 1.3.

-Hoss