lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl ...@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: solr 1.4 lite ?
Date Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:25:28 GMT
Instead of multiple releases, how about one minimal release, and a
"package" system?

An installer will be needed for this - could be as simple as a java
program reading an XML file with package names and URLs, or as
advanced as a full OSGI implementation as in Eclipse, or JSR277.

A side-effect of this is that we could use the same installer
mechonism to distribute 3rd party components, analyzers, dictionaries
and more. After all, an enterprise search platform is complex enough
to call for this at some point in time.. And version dependency
control comes for free as well :)

--
Jan Høydahl
Gründer & senior architect