lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Time to rationalize SolrJS Docs???
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:24:57 GMT
Hi all,

I started to create a bug for this, but thought I would just post to
the mailing list.  I've been using SolrJS for a while from http://solrjs.solrstuff.org/
, however from my conversations with Matthias, the plan is to move to
the Solr JavaScript contrib module being the master, and indeed my
typo patch was applied there!

So, the docs at http://solrjs.solrstuff.org/ don't reflect the
migration into Solr, and that is something Matthias will have to fix I
assume.   However, we don't list SolrJS on the homepage under http://wiki.apache.org/solr/

  under Solr Clients, and the wiki page at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrJS
  is confusing.

I am happy to clean up the docs a bit, and point to the contrib/
javascript as the correct version. I just thought I would run it by
the list first for confirmation that it should be done!

Also, isn't SolrJS really a client versus a contrib?  Seems like it
should be in ./clients/javascript along with the Ruby and Python
clients in source control?

Eric

Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com
Free/Busy: http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal