lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Weber <m...@mattweber.org>
Subject Re: A few Solr questions
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 02:35:13 GMT
1.  Solr has it's own indexer and search so you don't need to program
your own.
2.  Yes, a lot.  Solr can scale when/if you need to.  Solr is stable.
If you need support you can get it from companies such as Lucid
Imagination.  There are a lot more.
3.  Do you mean use Solr to replicate your own index?  If yes, then
the answer is no.  If you want to replicate a Solr index without using
Solr's search or caching the answer is yes but I don't know why you
would not use Solr's searcher.

Thanks,

Matt Weber
eSr Technologies