lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Development Team <dev.and...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SNMP monitoring
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:48:26 GMT
Hi devs,
     A while ago I posted a question to the solr-users list asking about
SNMP monitoring of Solr. I got one reply suggesting the use of JMX-SNMP
bridges, but upon researching these I could find a) nothing that seemed
particularly good, and/or b) none of those that were free/OSS.
     Since then I've found that deploying Solr in JBoss/Jetty with the
JBoss-SNMP SAR was the easiest way to get this job done. --But it still
wasn't "easy".
     Thus, my question is; would anybody like to me write up a Solr-Wiki
page on how to expose Solr stats through SNMP? It's a bit involved, and is
JBoss-specific, however it is a useful feature that other Solr users may
benefit from. Let me know.

- Daryl.