lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: snapshot config value for Solr 1.4 Replication
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:41:30 GMT
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com>wrote:

> The wiki is quite confusing on this.
>
> Doesnt it talk about the slave pulling a snapshot (or snap pull)? What does
> it pull if you don't create a snapshot?
>
> I think the terminology around snapshot needs to be cleaned up.

Yes, the snapshot terminology is an artifact of the rsync based replication.
ReplicationHandler does not need to create the snapshot directories that
were necessary for rsync replication. It replicates directly out of the
index using the Lucene index commit points. An option to create the snapshot
directories is still provided for people who used to rely on the snapshot
directories for backup.

It does need to be cleaned up though. I'll try to take a shot at it.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.