lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Default search field API weirdness
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:58:03 GMT
Hello,

Does anybody know why schema.getDefaultSearchField() was deprecated?

The javadoc for the deprecated method advises the use of
schema.getSolrQueryParser().getField(). But schema.getSolrQueryParser() does
not exist. There's a method schema.getSolrQueryParser(String) which accepts
the default search field name! If we pass null as the name, it creates a
SolrQueryParser using the deprecated schema.getDefaultSearchField() :)

This all seems weird and confusing to me. Why all this just to get to the
default search field?

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.