lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <li...@holsman.net>
Subject Re: solr 1.4 lite ?
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 09:02:38 GMT
Is bandwidth or disk space really an issue for people today ?

you should be focusing on decreasing the size and speed of indexing
stuff not the code-base. It's not like you guys have unlimited time to
spend on this project.

ps. if you don't have the examples in there, then people won't know that
feature exists.

and yes. i regularly copy the example schema to create a new index. I
know it's bad practice, and not the most efficient schema, but it
usually has the cool features enabled in it ;-)