lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r787205 - in /lucene/solr/trunk/contrib/dataimporthandler: CHANGES.txt src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/DataImportHandler.java src/main/java/org/apache/solr/handler/dataimport/SolrWriter.java
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 01:25:53 GMT

On Jun 22, 2009, at 7:27 AM, noble@apache.org wrote:
> Author: noble
> Date: Mon Jun 22 11:27:53 2009
> New Revision: 787205

> Log:
> 36.SOLR-1234: Multiple DIH does not work because all of them write
> to dataimport.properties. Use the handler name as the properties
> file name

Are there any issues with folks upgrading and delta queries having
issues because it's looking for a different .properties file?

> +          if(name.startsWith("/")){
> +            myName = name.substring(1);

Note that request handler mappings can be with more than just a
leading slash.  This needs to be adjusted to replace all slashes with
underscore or something like that.  For example, in our latest project
we're using /indexer/articles as the DIH mapping for one source.

An alternative is to use a single dataimport.properties file and look
for keys based on the request handler mapping name.

I'm going to re-open this issue to let the multiple-slash issue get
resolved.

	Erik