lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Erik Hatcher (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (SOLR-1229) deletedPkQuery feature does not work when pk and uniqueKey field do not have the same value
Date Sun, 21 Jun 2009 12:04:07 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1229?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12722345#action_12722345
] 

Erik Hatcher commented on SOLR-1229:
------------------------------------

Noble - they do have to be the same, and that is why applying the transformations as you patched
is part of the right answer.  But in order to call writer.deleteDoc(key) in DocBuilder#deleteAll
it must use the value of the uniqueKey field, not of the pk one.  That is the crux of the
issue here.  In my case, in the example at the top of this issue, the pk field is board_id
with a value of "1", and the id field after applying transformations is "board-1".  The delete-by-id
to Solr must be done using value "board-1" and that is only obtained by looking up the uniqueKey
field (id in this example) from the schema and pulling it from the map.

The latest patch I supplied worked in my test case and I analyzed it through a debugger. 


> deletedPkQuery feature does not work when pk and uniqueKey field do not have the same
value
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-1229
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1229
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: contrib - DataImportHandler
>    Affects Versions: 1.4
>            Reporter: Erik Hatcher
>             Fix For: 1.4
>
>         Attachments: SOLR-1229.patch, SOLR-1229.patch
>
>
> Problem doing a delta-import such that records marked as "deleted" in the database are
removed from Solr using deletedPkQuery.
> Here's a config I'm using against a mocked test database:
> <dataConfig>
>  <dataSource driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/db"/>
>  <document name="tests">
>    <entity name="test"
>            pk="board_id"
>            transformer="TemplateTransformer"
>            deletedPkQuery="select board_id from boards where deleted = 'Y'"
>            query="select * from boards where deleted = 'N'"
>            deltaImportQuery="select * from boards where deleted = 'N'"
>            deltaQuery="select * from boards where deleted = 'N'"
>            preImportDeleteQuery="datasource:board">
>      <field column="id" template="board-${test.board_id}"/>
>      <field column="datasource" template="board"/>
>      <field column="title" />
>    </entity>
>  </document>
> </dataConfig>
> Note that the uniqueKey in Solr is the "id" field.  And its value is a template board-<PK>.
> I noticed the javadoc comments in DocBuilder#collectDelta it says "Note: In our definition,
unique key of Solr document is the primary key of the top level entity".  This of course isn't
really an appropriate assumption.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message