lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Weber <m...@mattweber.org>
Subject Help Writing a Distributed Component
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 05:36:18 GMT
Hi all,

I am working on a patch to get TermsComponent distributed and have run
into a problem.  I have overridden the prepare, process,
modifyRequest, handleResponses, and finishStage methods as described
at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/WritingDistributedSearchComponents.  My
problem is that only the prepare and process methods are called just
as if it was non-distributed.  It looks like the shards parameter is
not being honored for this handler.  For some reason rb.shards is
always null.  I looked though all the other distributed components
code (facets, stats, highlighting, etc) and did not notice them doing
anything special that my handler is not.  Is there some setting I need
to enable for the shards parameter to be honored?

Thanks,

Matt Weber
eSr Technologies
http://www.esr-technologies.com