lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help Writing a Distributed Component
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 22:54:17 GMT

On May 21, 2009, at 4:28 PM, Woytowitz, Matthew wrote:

> Matt,
>
> I applied you patch to the trunk and tossed it in the debugger.  I'm
> not
> sure how your solrconfig.xml looks, but if your using the out of the
> box
> autosuggest shards don't work.
>
> The reason is that the default search handler has the QueryComponent
> in
> it's list and the autosuggest doesn't.

Does this imply that the QC must be present for most components to be
distro ready?  Perhaps we need to abstract some of that up, so that
other components can better take advantage w/o requiring the QC or
having to repeat the same code.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene: