lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Shalin Shekhar Mangar <shalinman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DirectUpdateHandler2 threads pile up behind scheduleCommitWithin
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 18:52:42 GMT
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:49 AM, Mike Klaas <mike.klaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll take a look in the next few days.  The current patch doesn't
> guarantee index consistency during post-commit callback hooks, right?  This
> could be a problem for index replication.  (Incidentally, I'm rather
> unfamiliar with the new java-based replication design.  Anyone care to
> comment on the implications?)

I have not looked at the patch yet. If adds/deletes are allowed to go
through during post-commit callbacks, then it is not a problem for the java
based replication.

The java based replication uses IndexDeletionPolicy and gets a call back
after commits from the IW. Then the last commit point is replicated to the
slaves. Even if a backround merge is triggered, the deletion policy ensures
that the files of the commit point being replicated are preserved until the
replication finishes.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.