lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Stanislaw Osinski <stanis...@osinski.name>
Subject Re: Compile error from new contrib clustering?
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 08:37:53 GMT
Hi there,

compile:
>   [javac] Compiling 7 source files to
> /trunk/asf_solr_src/contrib/clustering/build/classes
>   [javac] An exception has occurred in the compiler (1.5.0_16). Please file
> a bug at the Java Developer Connection (
> http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport)  after checking the Bug Parade for
> duplicates. Include your program and the following diagnostic in your
> report.  Thank you.
>   [javac] com.sun.tools.javac.code.Symbol$CompletionFailure: file
> org/simpleframework/xml/Root.class not found

I think I know what's going on. Carrot2 has a dependency on Simple XML
framework, but the JAR is not needed at runtime in Solr. Javac 1.6 issues
warnings about missing annotations during compilation, but compilation
completes fine. Javac 1.5 seems to fail, so the build process will probably
need to download Simple XML dependency (it's LGPL) at least for compilation.
For the peace of mind we may keep Simple XML in runtime as well, though I've
tested that when using Carrot2 in Solr Simple XML classes are not needed.

The download link for Simple XML we need would be:

http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/simpleframework/simple-xml/1.7.3/simple-xml-1.7.3.jar

Cheers,

S.