lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: issue on trunk?
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 18:31:48 GMT
We could - not a huge fan of static factory methods myself though. And
moving from the constructors to that would be challenging, wouldnt it
(not internally, but if users are using it - I don't actually know
enough about Solr's back compat commitment - just that its less than
Lucene's)?

I think I'd prefer just moving back to delegation. It wasn't even so bad
before, we just didn't need it and it dropped some code, so it appeared
nice to switch. But now mix in SolrIndexReader and the new filter/query
skipping and its not so nice. Doesnt really seem worth fighting for it
to me anymore.

- Mark