lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Wolanin <peter.wola...@acquia.com>
Subject issue on trunk?
Date Mon, 25 May 2009 16:35:44 GMT
Playing with this last night, the error seems to occur for me only
with an index created using a solr build from a couple weeks ago
that's opened with a new solr build.  The error goes away if I issue a
delete query for *:* and re-index the content.

-Peter

PS - nice to meet you in person Eric - glad I could make the meetup.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Erik Hatcher <erik@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: solr-dev@lucene.apache.org
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 08:16:06 -0400
Subject: issue on trunk?
I saw Peter Wolanin mention this on IRC's #solr the other day (Hi
Peter, nice meeting you at the meetup the other night!), and I just
encountered it too:

HTTP ERROR: 500

org.apache.lucene.index.ReadOnlySegmentReader cannot be cast to
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexReader

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.lucene.index.ReadOnlySegmentReader cannot be cast to
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexReader
       at org.apache.solr.search.DocSetBase$1.getDocIdSet(DocSet.java:254)
       at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.doSearch(IndexSearcher.java:237)
       at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:221)

This comes from using an fq parameter:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=*:*&fq=ipod

Works fine without fq.

Yikes!