lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Woytowitz, Matthew" <Matthew.Woytow...@ManTech.com>
Subject I would like to contribute to Solr.
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 17:35:07 GMT
I working on a project that's creating a very large solr index.  We're
going to deploy a solr across 4 servers initially and would like to
increase that number as we ingest more and more data.  We are planning
to use a distributed solr architecture, but some of the Solr feature's
don't work when distributed.

The features we would like to build/enhance are:

Improve the More

Distributed:

org.apache.solr.handler.MoreLikeThis

org.apache.solr.handler.SpellChecking

We would also like to bring lucene's span query into solr.

We can build these item's and contribute the codebase,  but is anybody
working on these features?  Any idea's on how it should work?  We been
looking at the source code for 2 days, we are by no means experts on the
code.

Thanks,

Matt