lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Contributing Translations
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 22:19:39 GMT

As grant has pointed out, there are some logistical issues regarding
maintaining translations that mprobably need to be worked out, but
regarding some specific questions...

: This looks pretty doable actually.  We'll do them all for you.  Would you like
: us to submit the page to you in HTML or would you like it in MS Word or Excel
: so that you can input the translations yourselves?  Either way is fine for us.

proprietary file formats are frowned upon.  "official" solr documentation
like the tutorial is done using forrest, so the optimal way to contribute
back would be to translate the raw forrest docs into langauge specific
forrest docs...
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/trunk/src/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/tutorial.xml?view=markup

...these contributions would need to come via jira.

wiki pages can be edited directly to link to new langauge specific wiki
pages (anyone can create/edit pages on the wiki once they create an
account -- which is self serve)

: <a href="http://www.greentranslations.com/spanish-translation">Spanish
: translation</a> by Green Crescent Translations.

I can't think of any reason why we wouldn't be able to acknowledge who
provided the translations.

-Hoss