lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: fsync, potential data loss, java replication
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:26:34 GMT
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:25 AM, Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
> hi yonik , if you can point to the place (code) where lucene does this
> we can copy the same code to Solr Replication as well

FSDirectory.sync(String name) is the lowest level.

That's called from IndexWriter.startCommit() and then
SegmentInfos.finishCommit() to flush the segment file.

That's hairy code... I imagine we may want to just use the code from
FSDirectory.sync() and make our own sync service based on an executor.
It seems like we would want to throw a file to the sync executor as
soon as we've downloaded it.  Then wait until all files are sync'd
before moving everything out of the temp directory.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com