lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "David Smiley @MITRE.org" <DSMI...@mitre.org>
Subject Improvement Request: exception setting field exception
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 05:00:18 GMT

This is a super-easy request for a Solr commiter to do.  Look at line 187 of
FieldType.  It catches NumberFormatException (a subtype of RuntimeException)
when calling toInternal() in order to throw a SolrException that has useful
information -- namely the field attempting to be set and its value.  The
caught exception should be declared to be very broudly at RuntimeException
since problems other than NumberFormatException might occur.  An example is
SolrException thrown by DateField when parsing fails.

I was about to create a JIRA issue for this but thought it might be more
light-weight to ask on this list.  If a commiter would rather I submit to
JIRA any way then let me know.

~ David Smiley