lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject 1.4 Planning
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 20:49:16 GMT
I'd like to suggest we start thinking about 1.4 being released in
early January.  Here's my reasoning:

1. I think we all agree that 1.2 -> 1.3 was way too long
2. Quarterly releases seem to be a pretty nice timeframe for people
such that you aren't constantly upgrading, yet you don't have to wait
for eternity for new features
3. And here's where the rubber meets the road:  We've actually put in
some significant features and bug fixes, namely Java-based
Replication, Tika Integration, new more scalable faceting
implementation and on and on, not to mention Lucene improvements and
other bug fixes.  Read about it at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/trunk/CHANGES.txt

Here's what's currently targeted to 1.4:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310230&fixfor=12313351

Since I so enjoyed doing the release last time, I volunteer to do it
again this time.

Thoughts?

-Grant