lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r728244 - /lucene/solr/trunk/build.xml
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 13:25:11 GMT

On Dec 20, 2008, at 1:45 AM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> (You should check out the "Ant in Action" book ... I think it has a
> chapter on writing ant macros)

I live indirection as much as the next guy.

I took your challenge and refactored to something a bit more fun than
macros.

    ant run-example

       - and -

    ant run-example -Dexample.debug=true

or control the entire JVM line:

    ant example -Dexample.jvm.line=....

or just the heap size:

    ant example -Dexample.heap.size=2048M

I just need to set a new solr home most of the time, so I have a
build.properties file (that common-build.xml picks up) that has:

example.solr.home=/Users/erikhatcher/dev/solr/contrib/velocity/src/
main/solr/

And I just "ant run-example [-Dexample.debug=true]"

	Erik