lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Cleaning up a Few things
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 00:11:06 GMT

: The only gotcha, I feel, is that I don't want people to have to type
: solr.solr.home (I hate to have to explain why it's "solr.solr", too, but
: that's another day...) for the simple example.  I know, it's not a big deal,
: but java -jar start.jar is brilliantly simple.  I'm no Jetty wiz, but if there
: is someway to make that one the default, then I'm all for this approach.

that should be doable ... i'm 99% certain we can set system properties in
the jetty.xml (or the webdefaults.xml) and then override them on the
commandline if needed.

-Hoss