lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: replace stax API with Geronimo-stax+Woodstox
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 14:57:32 GMT
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar
<shalinmangar@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have released with StaX earlier. We have never tested in production
> environments with woodstox. Even though I doubt there will be a problem but
> we can never know unless we use it. Let's not delay 1.3 anymore. We can make
> this change for 1.4

Careful tracking and handling of IP rights is paramount at Apache.
Knowingly releasing something with questionable IP, when a drop-in
replacement exists, is something that could bring the ASF Board
crashing down on us (rightfully so).  So unless some things are
cleared up on legal-discuss, I'm afraid I'm -1 on releasing in current
form.

(hey, is that my first -1 at Apache after all these years?)

-Yonik