lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Harris" <rygu...@gmail.com>
Subject Purpose of CSVRequestHandler / CSVLoader Split?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:54:41 GMT
Whereas the XmlUpdateRequestHandler handles its whole request within a
single class, the CSVRequestHandler delegates almost all of its
implementation to a CSVLoader class. Is there a short answer to why
there would be a split in one case and not the other? (I guess I'm
bothered because I'm having trouble coming up with a nice, concise
description for myself of the purpose of CSVLoader, distinct from the
handler.)

I ask in the context of thinking about *other* updating handlers, e.g.
about whether the rich document handler should continue to have its
own "loader" class (RichDocumentLoader), or whether it wouldn't be
cleaner to move everything to the main RichDocumentRequestHandler
class.