lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Forrest PDF non-Latin-1 support [was: RE: prototype Solr 1.3RC 1]
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 21:57:10 GMT
On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 16:28 -0400, Steven A Rowe wrote:
> Hi Thorsten,

Hi Steven,

> On 09/04/2008 at 3:57 PM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > >
> > > There's an open Forrest bug for this problem:
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-132>, and the discussion
> > there includes a link to the Cocoon documentation for embedding fonts in
> > PDF files:
> > <http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/pdf-serializer.html#FOP+and+Embedding+Fonts>.
> > >
> > > This looks kinda complicated, and AFAICT would require
> > > modifications to the Forrest installation wherever the site is built.
> >
> > I just saw the thread, I will have a look.
> >
> > Which version of forrest is currently recommended? I ask because they
> > have been done (and still some underway) to the pdf plugin lately.
>
> The Solr Website Update HOWTO <http://wiki.apache.org/solr/Website_Update_HOWTO>
says to use Forrest 0.8.

The problem is in FOP but Jeremias commented on the forrest ml that FOP
0.95 will fix this problem. The most recent thread around this issue is:
http://marc.info/?t=122095109600018&r=1&w=2

I am sorry that there is no quick fix for the current release but I will
keep you informed as soon the problem is fixed and we can release 0.9.

salu2