lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest PDF non-Latin-1 support [was: RE: prototype Solr 1.3 RC 1]
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:57:44 GMT
On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 17:57 -0400, Steven A Rowe wrote:
> On 08/29/2008 at 3:24 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:
> > I suspect the PDF formatter just doesn't play nicely with the
> > non-trivial UTF-8 characters.
>
> There's an open Forrest bug for this problem: <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-132>,
and the discussion there includes a link to the Cocoon documentation for embedding fonts in
PDF files: <http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/pdf-serializer.html#FOP+and+Embedding+Fonts>.

> This looks kinda complicated, and AFAICT would require modifications to the Forrest installation
wherever the site is built.

I just saw the thread, I will have a look.

Which version of forrest is currently recommended? I ask because they
have been done (and still some underway) to the pdf plugin lately.

Will let you know about my findings.

salu2