lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Yonik Seeley (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (SOLR-737) Incorrect 500 error reported with maxClausCount limit
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:02:44 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-737?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12626648#action_12626648
] 

Yonik Seeley commented on SOLR-737:
-----------------------------------

Thinking on this a little further, I do think this is a bug, and I do think it warrants going
into 1.3

The original range and prefix queries were broken, and I fixed them via ConstantScoreQuery.
 I never did it for wildcard query because the company I worked for at the time didn't use
them.  But any query that explodes when you change the index is arguably broken.

Objections to this going into 1.3?

> Incorrect 500 error reported with maxClausCount limit
> -----------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-737
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-737
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>    Affects Versions: 1.3
>            Reporter: Andrew Nagy
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 1.4
>
>         Attachments: SOLR-737.patch
>
>
> Here is my installation:
> Solr Specification Version: 1.2.2008.08.13.13.05.16
> Lucene Implementation Version: 2.4-dev 685576 - 2008-08-13 10:55:25
> I did the following query today:
> author:(r*a* AND fisher)
> And get the following 500 error:
> maxClauseCount is set to 1024
> org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses: maxClauseCount is set to 1024
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.add(BooleanQuery.java:165)
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.add(BooleanQuery.java:156)
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.MultiTermQuery.rewrite(MultiTermQuery.java:63)
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.WildcardQuery.rewrite(WildcardQuery.java:54)
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery.rewrite(BooleanQuery.java:385)
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.rewrite(IndexSearcher.java:163)
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.Query.weight(Query.java:94)
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.createWeight(Searcher.java:175)
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:126)
>         at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:105)
>         at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListNC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:966)
>         at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.getDocListC(SolrIndexSearcher.java:838)
>         at org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.search(SolrIndexSearcher.java:269)
>         at org.apache.solr.handler.component.QueryComponent.process(QueryComponent.java:160)
>         at org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:167)
>         at org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:135)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1156)
>         at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:341)
>         at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:272)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:729)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:513)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
>         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
>         at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
>         at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message