lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Solr nightly build failure
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:57:04 GMT

On Aug 22, 2008, at 6:43 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : Can you double check which ant is geting used and make changes as
> appropriate?
>
> Actually, wait a minute .... nightly.sh is just running "ant nightly"
> which is the same as "ant test package" ... people who want to run
> tests
> and package things up shouldn't be required to have Maven ant tasks
> available.
>
> It looks like this started happening because of r687335 ...
> the new create-pacakges target seems fine to me ... but "package"
> and "generate-maven-artifacts" should each depend on it directly (and
> independently) ... why does "package" need to depend on
> "generate-maven-artifacts" ?

Because the maven artifacts are part of packaging for release.  People
who don't want them can run "create-package", or we could call it core-
package.  I just thought for release purposes it's easier to just call
one target that has it all.

The bigger ? in my mind is why do we have two different nightly
builds?  Hudson and crontab.