lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Oestreicher <stefan.oestreic...@deluxe-design.at>
Subject failed tests because of wrong locale
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 21:03:27 GMT
Hi,

I just ran the unit tests on my system (uses a german locale) and the
DateFieldTest and LegacyDateFieldTest failed because the expected
decimal format used "." as separator but the actual result was formatted
using the "," separator.
This happens because the ISO8601CanonicalDateFormat class which is
defined inside the DateField class doesn't specify the US locale when
creating the formatter used for milliseconds.
I attached a patch which fixes that problem
(schema.DateField-locale.patch.txt).

TestNumberFormatTransformer in contrib/dataimporthandler also failed
because handler.dataimport.NumberFormatTransformer uses a
NumberFormatter which relies on the system locale. But I think in this
case it's intentional, so I modified the test case to use the grouping
separator of the system locale
(handler.dataimport.TestNumberFormatTransformer-locale.patch.txt).

After applying those changes all tests succeeded.

kind regards,

Stefan