lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject CHANGES.txt
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2008 02:59:04 GMT
Hello-

Otis pointed out (via direct email) that I have not added many notes
in CHANGES.txt recently.  I may be getting slopy, but I also remember
some discussion about how to use changes.txt a while back and figure
we should revist it to make sure everything necessary is in there
before 1.3.

My understanding is that CHANGES.txt is for folks following what has
happened between releases -- it does not need to include internal
modifications if there is no impact on the user.

For example, SOLR-493 is not there since it fixes an issue introduced
since 1.2 -- using CHANGES.txt to say what happened in SOLR-142 had
some side-effects that we now have cleared up seems overly complicated
for anyone following.  Likewise the recent changes/modifictions to the
UpdateRequestProcessor framework.

Is this understanding correct?

Are there more (or fewer) things we should include in CHANGES.txt?

ryan