lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lesser noise in solrconfig.xml
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 03:41:02 GMT

>> I'm raising my objection to -1 for the updated syntax.  Let's make
>> that a
>> post 1.3 (2.0, is my suggestion) feature.
> Users tend to stick to a released version for very long. A lot of
> users (we too) still use Solr 1.2. That means we are going to see this
> syntax for atleast another year after which we will ask the users to
> switch to a new syntax which they have been using for the past 2+
> years.

I don't like <lst name="nodename"> either, but I don't think
<nodename> fixes it.  Especially with the backwards compatibility
issues (complications).

In 2.0 we should have a more considered syntax -- hopefully something
someone could buy a book (if necessary) to understand (spring)

so I'm -1 on changing the syntax for 1.3

ryan