lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Georgios Stamatis <georgios.stama...@arisem.com>
Subject Re: ShardResponse IllegalAccessError
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:45:10 GMT
Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:18 AM, Georgios Stamatis
> <georgios.stamatis@arisem.com> wrote:
>
>> As ShardResponse is an inner class of ShardRequest,
>>

> ShardResponse is not an inner class.
> I assume you mean that ShardResponse is package protected?
> I'd be OK with making it public... although perhaps we should switch
> to using getters and change the members to private or protected before
> that?
>
> -Yonik

Hi,

Exact, ShardResponse is package protected. By passing it to public will
solve
my problem (create a Search Components in an external jar file in the
./lib directory).
If you want to use getters (the solution most appropriate in my opinion)
there will be many Solr components (ex. DebugComponent) that will
be impacted, because they make access to ShardResponse class public members.
Shall I propose a patch through JIRA that fixes the whole problem public
access and
the getters in the Solr Search Components?

Thanks,

Georgios Stamatis