lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ian connor (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (SOLR-626) docs.getMaxScore is null inside writeSolrDocumentList when sorting using shards and returning output as JSON
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 19:11:31 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-626?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12613116#action_12613116
] 

ian connor commented on SOLR-626:
---------------------------------

I am new to JIRA - how can I see/test this code change and let you know if it worked? I tried
to "svn update" ... but I am not sure which file you changed:

U    CHANGES.txt
U    src/java/org/apache/solr/update/SolrIndexWriter.java
U    src/java/org/apache/solr/common/SolrDocument.java
U    src/java/org/apache/solr/core/SolrCore.java
U    src/java/org/apache/solr/util/SolrPluginUtils.java
U    src/webapp/web/admin/header.jsp
U    src/webapp/web/admin/form.jsp
U    src/webapp/web/admin/index.jsp
U    src/webapp/web/admin/analysis.jsp
U    client/java/solrj/src/org/apache/solr/client/solrj/SolrQuery.java

It is just after this update the problem still happens for me.

> docs.getMaxScore is null inside writeSolrDocumentList when sorting using shards and returning
output as JSON
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-626
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-626
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: search
>    Affects Versions: 1.3
>         Environment: Tested on both Linux and OSX running latest 1.3 build
>            Reporter: ian connor
>             Fix For: 1.3
>
>
> When issuing a query to many shards or even just one:
> http://localhost:8983/solr/select?sort=some_date+desc&indent=on&hl.fl=&q=solr&rows=10&fl=*%2Cscore&qt=standard&wt=ruby&explainOther=&hl.fl=&shards=localhost:8983/solr
> It returns:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.solr.request.JSONWriter.writeSolrDocumentList(JSONResponseWriter.java:528)
> 	at org.apache.solr.request.TextResponseWriter.writeVal(TextResponseWriter.java:147)
> 	at org.apache.solr.request.JSONWriter.writeNamedListAsMapWithDups(JSONResponseWriter.java:175)
> 	at org.apache.solr.request.JSONWriter.writeNamedList(JSONResponseWriter.java:288)
> 	at org.apache.solr.request.JSONWriter.writeResponse(JSONResponseWriter.java:88)
> 	at org.apache.solr.request.RubyResponseWriter.write(RubyResponseWriter.java:34)
> 	at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:297)
> 	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1089)
> I tried to swap out the call to writeLong from:
> 	   writeFloat(null,docs.getMaxScore());
> to:
> 	   writeFloat(null,0);
> and it then works without bringing back the max_score. However, I am not sure why the
score is coming back null here. If you return the results in XML it also works so the problem
seems limited to JSON and Ruby.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message