lucene-solr-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr Logging
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 04:06:52 GMT

: Actually, Solr depends on Lucene :-)

Okay ... I must admit ... this is funnier then Ryan's "i prefer kittens"
comment.

yes, i suppose we have a core dependency on Lucene which could in theory
result in an incompatibility.  That ship has sailed.

: SLF4J doesn't have a "LogMessage" to propagate to the container since it's a
: simple thin facade to the logging kit you want to use.  In the case of JUL
: which you're a fan of and what we all think should be the default
: implementation if you don't take steps to configure logging, any
: "LogMessage" (or whatever JUL calls it -- LogRecord?) would in fact be
: loaded by the system classloader.

Hmmmm.... i'm going to have to wrap my head arround this (and your other
comments about how SLF4J works in 17042875.post@talk.nabble.com) later ...
at the moment it seems just as scary to me:  multiple implementations of
the same class potentially loaded in the same JVM.

But I'm willing to have a little faith and see how this goes.

-Hoss